Duties of Farm Workers include:
• Field work, soil preparation, plowing, planting, weeding, cultivating, harvesting, washing, sorting, packing of the field crops such as blueberries, strawberries and other vegetables or fruits.
• Examining produce for quality and prepare for market
• Loading produce into trucks etc.
• Using fertilizers, detecting disease and other problems in crops
• Protecting crops from weeds and pests by taking appropriate actions like spraying Pesticides etc.
• Farm workers also help in operating and maintaining farm machinery and equipment
• Informing farmers or farm manager of crop progress.
Working and Physical Capabilities:
• Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment. • Ability to work long hours for with repetitive tasks. • Ability to work in various environments cold, damp and dust. • Ability to handle heavy workloads required.
Other Information: • No specific education or training requirements • Basic farm knowledge. Familiarity with farm equipment and machinery will be an asset. • The candidate must be legally eligible to work in Canada. Benefits: 4% Vacation Pay of the gross salary will be paid each pay period. Accommodation can be provided at $30/week.
We welcome all applications but only chosen applicants will be contacted. Thanks for your interest